-->

Welcome

I love answering your questions. If you ask them in the comment section, I have no way to answer you (if you haven't heard from me, that is why). If you use the "EMAIL ME" in the left column of this page, I will be able to respond to you. You can also use it if you want to be added to my newsletter. Laura

Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Deep Blue

For this card, I wanted a watery looking background, so I started with watery patterned matte paper.  To make it look wet I coated the paper with Versamark, sprinkled on clear embossing powder and heated.  All of the sea creatures and plants except for the mermaid are images of vintage jewelry.  I added Glossy Accents, pearls and rhinestones to add sparkle and dimension.  The mermaid tail is made from vellum to which I added multiple layers of green and blue embossing powder.  For a final touch I used black Stickles to give it a little sparkle.

14 comments:

bobbie said...

Absolutely stunning, Laura!!
And I love your new header, too ~

Anonymous said...

I truly love your atc. It is amazing how you take ordinary things and turn them into such beauty.

Martina said...

This is gorgeous! It takes my breath away!
Fantastic piece of art!

Daniele said...

inspirational
hugs

Lululiz said...

Breathtakingly beautiful. The details are just utterly amazing.

smokeysmom said...

Wow! Another amazing ATC! I love it! I am in awe of how much you can do on such a small background. Thanks for sharing!

ann said...

Amazing !!! so special xx

Createology said...

Mesmerizing Mermaid. Your water technique background really brings her to life in the deep blue sea. Happy weekend...

Netty said...

Oh wow she is awesome, such brilliant work. Annette x

Ann said...

WOW!stunning! breathtaking!!

Seahorse Ranch Girl said...

gorgeous. I like how you used magazine photos of vintage jewelry. I sometimes see pics of pieces that are so beautiful, but I never thought of using those pics.

deb said...

My sister would adore this! She loves the ocean and mermaids! Love the new banner also! stunning as always!

fairyrocks said...

A beauty indeed!!

Ineke Original said...

Wishing you want tot trade this with me!