-->

Welcome

I love answering your questions. If you ask them in the comment section, I have no way to answer you (if you haven't heard from me, that is why). If you use the "EMAIL ME" in the left column of this page, I will be able to respond to you. You can also use it if you want to be added to my newsletter. Laura

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Birds and Bees Domino Book

So how much stuff can you cram onto the face of a domino?  Well, apparently a lot.  I first painted the dominos with caramel alcohol ink.  Next, I added decorative paper to the front and back dominos.  Then I added metal findings, beading, fabric and paper flowers, a metal bird and bee and two paper bees.  The feet at the bottom are made of paper.  I backed the paper feet with two layers of thick cardstock to give them enough support to stand.  I don’t know what it is but I just like these little books need feet.

I added German scrap to the sides of the dominos.  The scrap was gold so I painted it with metallic paint.
On the back is a Victorian scrap bird.
In the center of the book are lots more birds and bees.

Next week I'll post a tutorial on how to make a domino book.  PS  This book will be one of the prizes in this month's giveaway.

25 comments:

Wendy Aspinall said...

Stunning! really stunning breath taking... Hugs wendy

Barb said...

Fantastic! what a beautiful little book!it must have taken forever to make. I love the whole concept!

Debi said...

Just Stunning-as usual Laura :-) love it all- debi x

ArtZhodgepodge said...

Absolutely beautiful.. So much inspiration, makes me want to get the dominoes out again.

Debbie said...

Too cute, I am always stunned and amazed.

Gerri Herbst said...

Breath taking! Will look for yr tut next week!

Createology said...

Laura your little dominoe book is just breathtaking. I love all the ephemera you used and the birds and bee theme. So much labor yet so stunning a result. Love, love, love it! Wonderful week ahead...

Anonymous said...

This is really cute! One of the best I've seen.

JoAnne said...

It's gorgeous Laura!

Martina said...

Wow! Laura, this is phenomenal!
I`m blown away.

Daniele said...

too stunning for words
hugs

Ivy said...

Gorgeous Laura!!

Joanne said...

Please, please, please would you enter me into the draw for this month's art. I am so in love with this little book that I will be having a go at making one once you post the tutorial. In the meantime, maybe I will be lucky again.
Many thanks and hugs Joanne xx

ImagiMeri said...

Stunning, just stunning. I never would have imagined a domino book could be so, so big!!!!

Hugs,
Meri

Gina Peake said...

How many adjectives can I cram into this post? Well....alot but I don't have enough time! WOW! Just amazing!

bobbie said...

Absolutely adorable!! Can't wait for the tute!

Lesley said...

Wow you sure did cram a lot onto that domino face. This book is incredible and I have many dominoes I can play with. Hurry hurry with that tutorial plz.
Lesley
PS are those feet a stamp or die cut?

Art By Wanda said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this!!!!

Angie said...

Unbelievable that such beauty can come from tiny dominoes! I love it Laura.

Gaby Bee said...

Your domino book looks amazing... very creative with lots of fabulous detail to explore. LOVE it!!!!

Have a great week!
Gaby xo

Hardwick Creations said...

Absolutely stunning!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is incredible!

Seahorse Ranch Girl said...

OH, Oh, oh...I must take more time to pour over every tiny detail. But the overall project is just so, so, splendid.

Elaine A said...

Laura -

Absolutely a wonderful little treasure! This is so gorgeous. Amazing how much happiness can be packed in such a little space. Love it!

Elaine Allen

wendy said...

awsome book! I love to find new ideas for found objects and you are so creative! I look forward to your tutorial on this project!