-->

Welcome

I love answering your questions. If you ask them in the comment section, I have no way to answer you (if you haven't heard from me, that is why). If you use the "EMAIL ME" in the left column of this page, I will be able to respond to you. You can also use it if you want to be added to my newsletter. Laura

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Seashells and Flowers

I’ve always loved the combination of seashells and flowers.  To create the background for this card I first stamped and embossed a piece of cardstock using a rubber stamp with a music sheet pattern.  Next, I drew and oval with a pencil to serve as a guide.  I tore printed paper and glued the pieces around the edge of the card with some pieces slightly overlapping the penciled oval.  I redrew the oval with a red marker then added as few more torn pieces.  For the focal point I stamped, embossed and cutout seashells then inserted flowers.  For the final touch I added a brown rub-on swirl and a postage stamp.

6 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Laura,
This is my first "visit" to your blog, luv your art work. Would have never thought to combine flowers with seashells, you did an amazing job.
Happy Sunday,
Barb in Texas

Anonymous said...

Seashells and flowers are indeed a great combo, looks fantastic! I am going to have to try that combo too some time :) Connie

bobbie said...

Fantabulous!!!

Elaine A said...

This is gorgeous Laura!

Elaine Allen

Seahorse Ranch Girl said...

Layered lovliness

Barb said...

Stunning ! Love the way you have combined the two elements!