-->

Welcome

I love answering your questions. If you ask them in the comment section, I have no way to answer you (if you haven't heard from me, that is why). If you use the "EMAIL ME" in the left column of this page, I will be able to respond to you. You can also use it if you want to be added to my newsletter. Laura

Monday, August 29, 2011

Steampunk - Altered Book Cover


I started by collaging papers on the cover and adding leather to the spine.  In the center of the book is a vintage mailbox door.  I cut a hole in the cover and in the first several pages of the book in order to insert the door.  The mailbox door and combination work or would work if I could remember the “safe place” where I put the combination.  The larger gears are rusted chipboard.  To see the tutorial on rusting objects click here.  I haven’t done anything to the inside of the book.  I think I’ll just use it for décor.

10 comments:

Karenliz Henderson said...

I love it! I'm gonig to check out your tutorial on rusting. I have quite a few things that would look fabulous all rusted! Thanks!

Elaine A said...

WOW! This is just awesome Laura. I love how this turned out. And you made me laugh with your "someplace safe" comment. I've done that more times than I can count - LOL!

Elaine Allen

smokeysmom said...

FANTASTIC Laura! I love the steampunk look anyway, but this is just awesome! Might give it a try on my next book cover. Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful ideas.

bobbie said...

Drooooooooool...

Netty said...

Oh wow this is terrific and love the idea of a hidden door. x

Martina said...

What a brilliant work, dear Laura! Fantastic steampunk design!

ann said...

Fantastic !!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness this is simply amazing!

Rhea said...

I really love this Laura! I just finished an assemblage with one of these doors, I just adore all things postal.

donna said...

I love your steampunk book and your "safe " place comment made me laugh. I have a few of those never to be seen again places too!..Donna