-->

Welcome

I love answering your questions. If you ask them in the comment section, I have no way to answer you (if you haven't heard from me, that is why). If you use the "EMAIL ME" in the left column of this page, I will be able to respond to you. You can also use it if you want to be added to my newsletter. Laura

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Marie Inspired Paper Fan – Designed for Alpha Stamps

This is a fan I designed for Alpha Stamps.  I started with triangular shaped blades.  The front paper is Love Letters scrapbook paper.  Sandwiched between the front and back decorative paper is a thin piece of chipboard. 
After assembling each blade I inked the edges.  Next, I added Baroque Dresden borders to the ends of each blade (front and back).  I decorated the blades with images of Marie from three different collage sheets.  The images are glued to paper from the Timeless paper pad and framed with small Dresden oval frames.  I added images of flowers and more gold German scrap.  The blades are secured with a brad to which I added ribbon and beading.  I glued a piece of filigree to the brad.
I attached ribbon along the back of the blades to act as a stop to keep the blades from opening too far.  I glued a piece of paper at the points on the blade where I glued the ribbon to the blade. 
The ribbon folds between the blades when the fan is closed.


Below is a complete list of the Alpha Stamps products I used to make this fan.

14 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Sweet Friend...
Another gorgeous share this morning. I love seeing your creations. This fan is so elegant. I love the little oval frames around her face and the trim on the botton. Your trinqets at the bottom are the crowning glory. How beautiful. You are so talented.

Many thanks for sharing this morning. Have a glorious day. Hugs, Sherry

Ann said...

breathtaking!!!

Dorthe said...

It is stunning, dear - love all the beautiful papers you used,and little sweet pieces.
Hugs,Dorthe

Shelley said...

AWESOME! Yep, I shouted that, lol.

Art From The heart said...

So beautiful> I always look fro your post,everything you create brightend my day!
Hugs

Rhea said...

Fantastic project!

Netty said...

Oh wow your fan is totally gorgeous and loving those wonderful images and all the embellies.

Your wonderful book arrived today, thank you so much its totally gorgeous. Its definitely a show piece. I am so lucky to own it. Annette xx

Unknown said...

And once again I am left Speechless! That doesn't happen often....it really is a compliment....big giggle:)
You are so inspiring I love this Fan. You think up the neatest projects!
XXXXX

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful. I love coming to visit to look at your art!
Gigi

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

Wow Laura, what a privilege to see your art much less the tutorial you are generous and awesome at what you do.

Terri Gordon said...

Hi Laura, Oh this is gorgeous! Your work is so inspirational to me. Hope you are having a wonderful week. Hugs, Terri

Seahorse Ranch Girl said...

I say this every time...you have just gone beyond fabulous on this fan. Sooooo much attention to detail.

maska said...

This is so beautiful.
Thanks for the lovely ATC. (januar)
I love it.
Hugs from Norway.

Elaine A said...

Laura -

I love the colors on this fan. It is just so gorgeous. I really have to try making one of these for myself. I did one a few years ago as a gift for my Mother-in-Law's birthday. Her's had an asian theme. I do remember how much fun it was, but got sidetracked with other things and never made one for myself. You've inspired me. Thank you!

Elaine Allen