-->

Welcome

I love answering your questions. If you ask them in the comment section, I have no way to answer you (if you haven't heard from me, that is why). If you use the "EMAIL ME" in the left column of this page, I will be able to respond to you. You can also use it if you want to be added to my newsletter. Laura

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Gypsy Heart

This is an ATC I made for a Gypsy swap in the VIP Yahoo group.  The image comes from the Alpha Stamps Cleo Collage sheet.  I printed the image on Grafix Transfer film and applied the film over Ranger Crackle Paint to give it an aged cracking paint feel.  Click here for the tutorial on this technique.  The embellishments in the lower left corner are images of jewelry and gold coins.
I’ve had a question about what people put on the back of ATCs.  Most people cover the back with decorative paper that coordinates with the front of the ATC.  Usually there is also the artist’s name, contact information (like email address and or blog address), and title of the piece (if there is one).  You can also include the date the piece was create and a series number if you make more than one of the same ATC (such as 1 of 4) with the first number being which card it is in the series and the second number being the total number of cards made.

11 comments:

Victoria said...

Laura,
This is beautiful! I love all the Layers!Have a great Week-end!

Rhea said...

Lovely texture!

Ink Art Designs said...

So much detail! I especially like the curtain being drawn back, a really great touch!
Dot x

Kris Dickinson said...

Another gorgeous creation!

ann said...

Laura I love this, thanks for sharing the tutorial xx

Joanne said...

I can't tell the l/h corner are images, they look real. Stunning piece.
Hugs Joanne xx

SusanLotus said...

Lovely atc!

Sandie said...

So precious

Virginia said...

Beautiful piece! And thanks for answering my question about the back of the ATC.

Lorraine said...

love this

Mia said...

Excellent composition and beautiful photo. I love this Atc ! :-)))