-->

Welcome

I love answering your questions. If you ask them in the comment section, I have no way to answer you (if you haven't heard from me, that is why). If you use the "EMAIL ME" in the left column of this page, I will be able to respond to you. You can also use it if you want to be added to my newsletter. Laura

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Butterfly Altered Bottle

This bottle was a real find at the craft store last year.  I bought three in all, with each having a different butterfly stopper.  They are clear bottles with the beautiful cloisonné butterfly stoppers.  To alter the bottle I started by applying the metallic gold leaf stickers.  I filled the gaps in the leaves with micaflakes.  
At the base of the bottle I added lace and draped around the bottle is beaded trim.
Lastly, I added a cameo with a Greek statue image that I domed by using Glossy Accents.  I removed the rubber part of the stopper to expose the shaft.  To the indented area at the base of the shaft I added a string of beads.  You can see the beads dangling inside the bottle.
Thanks for all of your lovely comments about the first bottle. There are many more to come and with some of the posts I’ll have more formal tutorials.

4 comments:

Karen Mallory said...

Gorgeous bottle! I need to make one only I would have to make the butterfly stopper too. I do have some butterfly costume jewelry! Hmmmmm! :D
hugs Karen

Diane at Craftin Your HeART Out! said...

Hi Laura, Love this bottle and anything that has butterflies. I too would have to make the topper but have lots of butterflies I could use. Thanks so much for sharing. I love your altered bottles.

Take care,
Diane

johala said...

Hi Laura!
wonderful bottle! I love the butterfly on it!
Hugs and kisses

Ginger said...

I love your bottles (and everything else you do) The jewels on the bottom of the stopper are awesome and totally unexpected! Great job Laura.