-->

Welcome

I love answering your questions. If you ask them in the comment section, I have no way to answer you (if you haven't heard from me, that is why). If you use the "EMAIL ME" in the left column of this page, I will be able to respond to you. You can also use it if you want to be added to my newsletter. Laura

Monday, September 1, 2014

Over the Summer Sea

To wrap up the summer, and before I start throwing Halloween projects your way, I have a collage piece to share with you. 

The red netting is made from cheesecloth died with Red Pepper Alcohol inks.  The silver leaves were originally part of a huge green spray of leaves I purchased at the craft store.  The leaves are very tiny so I thought they would be a perfect size for small projects.  I spray painted the leaves silver and added blue Microbeads. 

Other embellishments include paper leaves, real seashells, and brass fish from my stash.  I also added blue mulberry paper tulips and white foam stamen.

Collage Sheet and Digital Images I Used:
BeachBabes – Sea Gulls
The Sea Calls to Me – Victorian Woman
The Deep Blue Sea – Coral and Sea Shell
Frames & Borders – Weathered Blue Frame

5 comments:

Lululiz said...

I love what you have done with those tiny leaves, adding the micro beads was a fabulous idea.

Karen Mallory said...

This is a fun piece and I love it when you throw those Halloween projects at us! LOL
hugs Karen

Annie said...

Absolutely beautiful and so inspiring . I love to view your projects which contain the most fabulous details. TFS and crafty hugs
Annie x

CreativSpirit said...

Beautiful collage. I really love your attention to detail Laura, so special.

Cocofolies said...

A wonderful Summer collage Laura, thanks for sharing how you created your lovely leaves (very lovely in silver with the blue microbeads!!) + the red cheese cloth, all that give a fab effect here! I also hope all is well with you and that you were having a lovely summer too :) Hugs, Coco