-->

Welcome

I love answering your questions. If you ask them in the comment section, I have no way to answer you (if you haven't heard from me, that is why). If you use the "EMAIL ME" in the left column of this page, I will be able to respond to you. You can also use it if you want to be added to my newsletter. Laura

Saturday, March 31, 2018

LANGUAGE OF FLOWERS - ATC TICKET JOURNAL with FOLDER & BOOKMARK

Spring has sprung at AlphaStamps with the April Spring themed kit.  I’ve used some of the items from the kit plus other AlphaStamps products to create a Language of Flowers folder containing an ATC ticket journal and bookmark.
With a project like this, dimensional embellishments are not an option as the journal needs to fold up to fit inside the folder.  No worries though, instead I’ve used layers of images to add lots of detail.
In addition to all of the lovely older and new AlphaStamps collage sheets, I used my new Nature’s Creatures collage sheet.

Further down in this post you’ll find all of the details on how I put this piece together and the lovely images I used.

This sheet is packed with nature’s small creatures such as birds, butterflies, bees, dragonflies, and snails.

THE DETAILS
I started by covering the ticket journal with Nature Garden Meeting a Fairy Scrapbook Paper .  I used this paper to cover the folder as well.     
Next, I added images from the Mix of Spring Beauties,  Vintage Sepia Children, and the Lovely Sepia Ladies ATCs collage sheets.  Each image is framed using an image from my Vintage Frames Set Download.
For embellishments, I used the Seed Catalog ATCs and Bouquet collage sheets
For embellishments, I used the Seed Catalog ATCs and Bouquet collage sheets.  
To accent the flowers I snipped off leaves from a green leaf garland and stitched leaf ribbon.  Lastly, I added birds, butterflies, dragonflies, and snails from the new Nature’s Creatures collage sheet.
I used more of the decorative paper to cover the folder.
I cut away some of the bottom of a large tag, covered it with the Garden Tools scrapbook paper, added an image from The Language of Flowers collage sheet and the bee, butterfly, and snail from the Nature’s Creatures collage sheet.  The tassel at the top is from my stash.
Before adding the images on the front and back, I attached a ribbon to serve as a closure.
The front cover is decorated with another image from The Language of Flowers collage sheet along with more flowers (on the back as well) and nature’s creatures.

SUPPLY LISTS

DETAIL SUPPLY LIST
Vintage Sepia Children Collage Sheet
Lovely Sepia Ladies ATCs Collage Sheet
Mix of Spring Beauties Collage Sheet
A Mix of Spring Beauties ATCs Collage Sheet
The Language of Flowers Collage Sheet
Seed Catalog ATCs Collage Sheet
Bouquet Collage Sheet
Vintage Frames Set Download
ATC Folder
ATC Ticket Journal
Nature Garden Meeting a Fairy Scrapbook Paper
Garden Tools Scrapbook Paper
Stitched Leaf Ribbon – Moss Green
Larger Green Leaf Garland
Manilla Tags - Large
White Seam Binding

2 comments:

claude said...

vintage and charming !
hugs

Deenie H. said...

To say "beautiful" seems an understatment! Thank you for sharing your work & how-to's with us!